Top up courses are usually the third and final year study of a bachelor’s degree. This course is designed for those students who have a HND (Higher National Diploma), Associate Diploma and are looking to embark on a short course to obtain a bachelor’s degree. Many students top up their HND (Higher National Diploma) to a bachelor’s degree in order to advance their career. In the UK, toping up a HND usually takes one more year of study. It is different in other counties such as USA and EU members.
The requirements for a top up course admission
- Your HND (Higher National Diploma) Certificate and academic transcript
- If the NHD was done in other language than English, you would need to provide your English proficiency certificate. For example, IELTS with score at least 5.5 with all components score above 5.
- Personal statement explaining your reason for toping up the degree, choice of university, personal plan, and aspiration for the future.
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Your bank statement (only if you are an international student)
- Your identification (preferably passport)
Cost of top up degree in the UK
Depending on the university and course you would choose, the cost of top up course also varies. Some university in the UK charge between £14000 to £16,000 for one-year top up course. And for home students the cost of top up degree is £9000. This cost is not inclusive of accommodation cost.
Benefits of toping up degree
There are a number of benefits in topping up a current qualification to an Honors degree. By completing the top up course students will help to demonstrate to an employer that they have the academic, organizational and management skills needed for your chosen career path. Topping up to a degree at Honors level may also open up further opportunities available to you in the future.
If you completed an HND or an associate degree and wish to top up your degree for an honors degree, please consult with our expert consultants who can help you to find out a suitable university and process your application in good time.